Bressingham Car Bodyshop
Unit 1, Airfield Road
Fersfield, Diss, IP22 2FF
Tel /Fax – 01379 688427
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
VAT Registration No – 881 2424 28
We may receive information about you from the following channels:
- If you contact us directly, via our website to make an enquiry or other request
- If you visit us at our workshop to make an enquiry or request
- You contact us via social media to make an enquiry or request
The information we collect:
- Contact details (Name, address, phone number, email address)
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, make/model)
- Details of transactions between you and us
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), and company details.
- Any information within correspondence you send to us
The personal information collected is to allow us to run the business. No information is collected unless it is needed for a specific task.
How we will use the information
- We collect information about you for contractual requirements to deal with your enquiry
- helping us identify you when you contact us
- general administration purposes
- helping us recover debts
Who we share our information with
- We will only ever share your information with a third party if we have your prior consent. For example you have requested an estimate for insurance repairs.
- We will never sell your personal information to a third party
- We will never share your information without prior consent and for any other reason than to complete your enquiry
We may however be required to share your data for the following reasons
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes
- In relation to existing or future legal proceedings
- For the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies
Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide either electronically or physically with the appropriate security.
Retention of information
- We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary. If we have established a relationship with you we hold your personal information for no longer than 7 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims and for legal compliance.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 7 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, by writing to us at Bressingham Car Bodyshop, Unit 1 Airfield Road, Fersfield, Diss, Norfolk IP22 2FF, we do have to impose a £10 administration fee for this request.
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- Any Data Protection issues or concerns can be directed to email@example.com
Explaining cookies on our website
When you visit our Website we issue a “cookie” file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information. Cookies enable us to: improve the use of our Website; to recognise your computer; to store settings to help facilitate your use of our Website; and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
By using this website you are agreeing to our cookies policy
We take reasonable care to comply with requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations and all information collected.
Data Protection Officer
Our designated person responsible for data protection is Sarah Youngman.